HAUL // MINI REVIEW // SWATCHES ♡ ColourPop Cosmetics

12:00 PM

Hey beauties!

Sorry for my super long hiatus! I've been working a lot so I haven't had much time to post. I have, however, had time to shop lol. This is the first of three ColourPop hauls - I'm still contemplating whether I'm going to share all three, but I will let you know when I decide.

Before I start, here's a little update on my life and why I've been M.I.A. for such a long time: As I said, I've been putting in a lot of hours at work. I was typically working 4-5 days a week and they would usually be one after the other, so I didn't want to spend my days off worrying about what I was gonna post. I am now on a 2 week vacation from work and I'm starting a new job at the beginning of August (yay)! I will have an updated posting schedule for you guys within the next two weeks once I figure everything out, so stay tuned for that.

ANYWAY... here's the haul:



I placed this order a little over a month ago when ColourPop was having their US$4 eyeshadow flash sale. I picked up a variety of different products, including products that I had never tried before.


The first two products I picked up were the Super Shock Shadows. While I have tried their Super Shock Cheek products, I hadn't tried their eyeshadows. I loved the texture of their cheek products and figured the eyeshadows would be very similar - if not, the same - in texture, so when I saw these two shades swatched on ColourPop's Snapchat, I loved them so much that I decided to purchase them. It was a huge bonus that I decided to shop the flash sale because I saved a bit of money on these.

Top: Super Shock Shadow in "Nillionaire"
Bottom: Super Shock Shadow in "Alchemy" (Jaime King x Colourpop)

The first shade, pictured on top, is "Nillionaire". It's a beautiful, deep warm bronze shade in a metallic finish with gold and multi-coloured glitter throughout. The second shade I picked up was "Alchemy" from the Jaime King collaboration with Colourpop. Unfortunately, the Jaime King line is now discontinued (my sincerest apologies, I planned on posting this way before ColourPop announced that the collab would be discontinued!), but I didn't want to refrain from making this post just because one of the products was no longer available. Alchemy is probably my favourite eyeshadow ever. It's a stunning peachy nude in a glitter sheer finish with TONS of multi-coloured glitter throughout. I love using it on top of shimmer shadows to really make them pop, as well as on top of highlighter to give my glow a little something extra. I definitely made sure to stock up on these before being discontinued.

Top: Matte X Lippie Stix in "Cami"
Bottom: Matte X Lippie Stix in "She Bad"
I've also been wanting to try out the Lippie Stix from ColourPop but none of the shades in the existing collection really wowed me until they released the Matte X formula. I had been really wanting to try Cami but was waiting to place a bigger order to purchase it so I could save on shipping and this was my chance!

The first shade I bought was obviously Cami. It's described as a "neutral, mauve pink". It's so stunning on the lips and the formula of the Matte X lippies is amazing - unbelievably pigmented and smooth. The second shade I bought was She Bad. I was hoping for a light, pinky-peach nude that would work for me, as I am a bit on the light to light-medium side in terms of skin tone, but this was a little bit too light for me. She Bad is described as a "light beige nude". I found that this shade works perfect for an ombre look and use it right in the centre of my lips in combination with deeper shades.

Top: Ultra Matte Lip in "Bianca"
Bottom: Ultra Satin Lip in "Magic Wand"

The last two products I purchased were formulas I had tried before and just wanted to pick up to add to my collection.

I purchased the Ultra Matte Lip liquid lipstick in "Bianca". I've been wanting to get my hands on this shade since it came out in the mini set so I decided to pick it up with this order. I love the colour of Bianca - I've been on the hunt for the perfect pale mauve-y pink and this definitely fits the bill. Unfortunately, the formula of this particular shade is very inconsistent compared to all the other Ultra Mattes I own. The formula is thick, sticky, and crumbles almost instantly. It also leaves the strangest bright fuschia stain on my lips when I go to remove it. Really upset about the formula inconsistency of this Ultra Matte because I really do love the colour!

Lastly, I purchased the Ultra Satin Lip liquid lipstick in "Magic Wand". This shade was originally going to be a part of my initial order of Ultra Satins, but I thought that because it was the lightest shade in the range, it would be too light for me, so I opted for Echo Park instead. After seeing so many swatches, I decided I still wanted to try it out. It turns out that Magic Wand and Echo Park are really similar on my lips - almost to the point that I can't tell which one I'm wearing sometimes. Magic Wand is described just as a "light nude", which I can attest to - it really is a true nude, while Echo Park is described as a "warm, peachy nude". I can definitely say that Echo Park is just a hair darker and warmer than Magic Wand, so unless you're trying to purchase the entire collection, I don't think you need both shades in your collection. I am glad to have gotten it though because the colour is stunning and the Satins are my favourite ColourPop lippie formula!


Here are swatches of everything I picked up in this ColourPop order. From top to bottom:
Super Shock Shadow in "Nillionaire" // Super Shock Shadow in "Alchemy" (Jaime King x ColourPop - DISCONTINUED) // Matte X Lippie Stix in "She Bad" // Matte X Lippie Stix in "Cami" // Ultra Matte Lip in "Bianca" // Ultra Satin Lip in "Magic Wand"

I did place an order for and receive two of the *NEW* Ultra Metallic Lip liquid lipsticks from ColourPop when they were released and will do a separate review on those very soon!

ColourPop has really been upping their product game lately and releasing one new thing after another (Pst... They just released the Ultra Glossy Lips!!). Let me know what you've been hauling from them lately in the comments below!

Xo,
Marian

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.