MAY FAVOURITES ♡ 2016

12:00 PM

Hey beauty lovers!

Because I haven't really been purchasing make-up lately, I only have a few products to include in my favourites this month. I'm trying to refrain from purchasing any non-essential make-up products (by non-essential I mean products that I purchase that aren't for the purpose of replenishing something I've run out of) until the Sephora Rouge/VIB sale in November, so every month until then, I'll try my best to include little extras like fav YouTube videos/books/movies/shows of the month.

Anyway, with that said, here are the products that I've been loving for the month of May (and then some):


1. NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint

It's like Toronto completely skipped Spring and went straight to Summer weather. It's consistently been in the mid- to high-20s since mid-May and the temperature has even broken 30C nearing the end of the month. Don't even get me started on the humidity either. I've been really loving this foundation because, as it's name implies that this would be a lighter coverage product, it's definitely medium coverage and can be built up to a full coverage if you needed it but feels like you're wearing a tinted moisturizer. It's super lightweight as long as you don't cake it on and it does a very reasonable job at staying matte throughout the heat and humidity. It also has SPF 30 so it'll protect your face from the Spring/Summer sun. It does separate around my nose where my pores are large when my oils start to seep through, but I haven't found a foundation that doesn't breakdown around my oily areas in the heat, so it doesn't bother me all that much. Definitely recommend for the upcoming Summer months if you have oily skin. I would definitely suggest picking it up to try out if you're oily AND the texture of your skin is much smoother than mine. I think it would look even better on you ladies/gentlemen that have a smoother, more even base to work with.

2. BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Champagne Pop/Moonstone

I have been loving layering these highlighters to give me a really intense glow! Although I have really oily skin, I do like to have a healthy (or over-the-top) dew to my skin. After my foundation, concealer, and setting powder, I like to apply Moonstone first to the tops of my cheekbones and into my brow bone area, down the bridge of my nose, and on my cupid's bow. I go over the areas that I applied Moonstone with Champagne Pop to give my highlight a little something extra. I swear some days I could probably blind a few people with the intensity of my highlight - just how I like it lol.

3. Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara

Absolutely love this mascara. I have it in the regular, washable formula, and it does a great job at separating and lengthening my lashes. It's been so humid recently that I don't even bother wearing false lashes because I already know that the glue is gonna melt right off. What I love most about this mascara is that, even though I don't use the waterproof formula, it doesn't smudge or smear at all when I wear it on both my upper and lower lashes. I've never had a problem with raccoon eyes when wearing this mascara, even in the heat.

4. Miscellaneous Favourite: YouTube Video/TV Show

I really wanted to mention a YouTube video that I really loved this month. I've watched it maybe 4 times since it was posted (2 days ago lol) and I was super fascinated every single time I watched and re-watched it. The video is called "BLINDFOLDED GUESS THE ANIMAL" by Joe Sugg (ThatcherJoe) with his sister Zoe (Zoella). It was super educational and I found that I learned so much by watching it. It does feature a few animals that aren't for the faint of heart if you have arachnophobia or a fear of any other insects, so fair warning to those of you that do.

I also wanted to mention a new TV series that I've become hooked on this month. I started watching an ABC series called Switched at Birth. It stars a few notable actors/actresses including Vanessa Marano, Lucas Grabeel, and Austin Butler. My 20- going on 21-year-old self loves watching teen dramas and I have absolutely no shame to share it with everyone. It's actually a really good series if you're into shows like The Fosters or even 90210.

Let me know what you've been loving this past month! I wanna know everything, beauty, YouTube videos, blogs, TV shows, movies, books, absolutely everything you've been loving in May!

Xo,
Marian

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.